Thursday, July 10, 2008

Surgery

D-Day

First, in preparation for surgery I could not eat nor drink past midnight, so I ate until 11:30 just so I would have food in my stomach. I did end up working in the morning – the last thing I wanted to do was wake up early and think about the surgery all morning. The surgery was scheduled for 12:30 and I had to arrive at the surgical center by 10. Dr. Danzinger (I will use his real name now) uses this surgery center in Maryland instead of a hospital. Let me tell you – this place was extremely professional. They called me a week earlier to go over my medical history and when I arrived today they had all the papers filled out and just needed my confirmation and signature. Once the paperwork was filled out I changed into my surgery robe – way cool…nothing having your ass hang out for the world to see.

Rick, the nurse/assistant, was very helpful – got me the paper, told me what to expect. I was getting a femoral tap – so I wouldn’t feel my leg for a few days. He was good – it felt like I was his only patient. Around 12:30 I was wheeled into the surgery room and then woke up around 4 or 5, I had no idea as I was completely drugged out. They put me in a knee immobilizer so that I wouldn’t bend the knee or put stress on it. The rest of the day I rested – the Percocet was doing its job.

No comments: